Friday, January 18, 2013

New Horizons

I never thought I'd be writing this post. I always thought, no matter what sort of job I have, makeup will always be a part of my life.  Especially Panhandle bridal makeup!  I think the time has come to close up shop for a while. There's a new and very exciting business on the horizon called Ceremony Design Company. Seems like an odd leap---makeup to design and decor. But, really, if you know me, or follow my Facebook status...it's not a big leap at all.

In May 2010, I had to rethink Two Fishes. It's so hard to be responsible for another person's creative  work.  In the end, I was responsible for the job someone else does on your wedding day, and over time, it took it's toll on me.  Two Fishes became just One Fish. Me.

After the transition, I started a little online boutique called Chez Renee. I so love this little store. We're going through a major brand and website overhaul right now.  I've never owned and managed a shop by myself, so as you can imagine, there have been lots of growing pains. Yet, throughout---this is crazy, but throughout all my trials and tribulations, it's the customers that I connect with that make it worth my while. You know how Oprah talks about your lightbulb moment, and when you find your passion, you'll find a job. My passion, I figured out, is connecting with customers. It is to provide a service or product people want, just like I wanted, and discovering a common bond. I like meeting people and hearing their stories.  That's why I like people sitting in my makeup chair--I get to know them on a different level, and there's always a small lesson to take away from each experience. Good stuff.

On the other hand, I'm not one to sit tight. I love my little online store, and I love doing makeup. But, there was this business idea nagging at me. There's a need in our area (Pensacola to Panama City Beach, FL) for a packaged wedding company that offers modern and fun ceremony set-ups, with as many bells and whistles as you want, for a bride on a limited budget.

Getting married in the Panhandle in 2013? Come visit us at www.ceremonydesigncompany.com.  I would so love to know that you saw this post and decided to stop by for a visit.  Here are a few pretty pictures from the new site.









Aren't they so pretty?



P.S.  I won't be taking any more clients in 2013 for makeup other than the ones I already have on my schedule. If you need referrals for hair or makeup, please send me an email or inquiry request. I'll send my list right over!

P.S.S. Amazing photos above from Ashley Livingston Photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails